Monday, January 9, 2012

Post #1

A little bit of me...
My wordle

I grew up a few miles Southeast of Issaquah, WA (Which is about 20 miles East of Seattle) on Tiger Mountain.  (Mirrormont was the fancy neighborhood nearby.  I didn't technically live inside of it,  but if I tag where I actually lived, the flag blocks all of the nearby town names and it looks like I REALLY grew up in the middle of nowhere).


View Larger Map


A Tuesday in Teal's Life...

     Tuesdays are my favorite weekday this quarter.  I have a long day, but it's leisurely.  The day begins with an alarm ringing.  I eat, get myself together, and bike to the yoga studio close to my apartment.  I just started going again after a year long hiatus because of financial reasons -- but there's a great studio with $5 drop-in classes right near downtown!  When I get home, I have a few hours to shower, read, do homework, eat lunch, make dinner, and catch up with friends.  Usually only a few of these happen, but on a good day I can do it all!  Then, realizing I've sat around too long, I hop on my bicycle once more and head to campus.
     I spend the afternoon and part of the evening at school.  I pour energy and passion in to my studies and try to get as much of my work done as possible while I'm on campus.  I get back on my bike and head home.  I arrive home from campus shortly before my boyfriend, Jeff, arrives home from Edison.  The dinner I made before lunch is piping hot and ready to serve from the crockpot (I learned last year that crockpots are a busy student's best friend!).  If I don't make dinner ahead of time, then I usually mope around wondering what I want to eat, get cranky, and eventually eat something -- not as pretty.
     The rest of my evening is either spent studying, knitting (I'm a torso and a sleeve into my first sweater ever -- just one more sleeve and the yoke left!) watching a film, reading a book, or spending time with friends.  Almost invariably there is tea and dark chocolate involved at some point.  If I'm really lucky there's also some coconut milk ice cream thrown in.  Then, I wind down, set the alarm again, and awake on Wednesday.


3 comments:

  1. Which yoga studio has $5 drop in classes?! Sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red Mountain Yoga! Good stuff... I like the sound of your life, Teal. I'm a knitter, too. I always want to knit in the winter, never in the summer. I'm knitting a baby sweater right now, but it sounds like you are knitting an adult sweater! Ambitious... hope to see it sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Red Mountain! They're near downtown and the teacher is great. I am indeed making an adult sized sweater. Only one more sleeve and a yoke to go!

    ReplyDelete