Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Technology in the Classroom Revisited

I created this blog a year ago as part of a class assignment, and it's been sitting here ever since.  I have continued on in my teacher training program here in Bellingham, but technology in education has been on the back burner.  Yes, I've written lesson plans using Active Boards and YouTube, but it hasn't been a central theme of my educational philosophy lately.  Until now.

Tonight I attended a session of the North Sound Reading Council with one of my University classes.  The theme was Technology and Literacy.  We looked at how using technology in the classroom aligns with new Common Core standards, improves student engagement, and more.  We looked at it as a teaching tool, an assessment tool, a tool for students to share their thinking, and a way for students to collaborate with us and with each other.  I was moved to say the least, and am inspired to pick this blog, and my technology portfolio back up from the ashes.  In fact, I want to expand my horizons and look at how technology can be integrated in to all subject areas -- and how to use technology to help students to learn about themselves.  So, I am putting my intention out there for the Universe to hear.  Here I am, the future Ms. Tegtmeier, and I am going to continue to develop my technology blog and expand its horizons.


No comments:

Post a Comment